Finding a wedding dress is a top priority for every bride. There are many ways to purchase the right dress — retail websites, consignment stores, and of course, traditional bridal shops, but do you know renting wedding dress is now a new trend?
“I didn't want to bother with purchasing a wedding dress and get it tailored, so I was looking for a rental shop. After going through a number of shops, I was so discouraged at one point and tried to buy. I was so happy to find my rental dress.” said Yvonne W., a customer of AT ROMANCE Bridal.
From August 2017 to August 2019, 53% of AT ROMANCE brides rented wedding dresses for wedding, city hall ceremony, or wedding photography. 32% of brides purchased designer wedding dresses, and the rest of 15% customized and designed their own gowns.
How do you know if renting is the right decision? Let’s break down the pros and cons of renting versus buying a dress.
· Manageable costs at a fraction of the retail prices.
· The money saved could go towards a romantic and memorable honeymoon.
· Hassle-free! No need to take care of the dress (dry cleaning, and the preservation afterwards), cleaning is included.
· Complimentary alteration.
· No need to make room in your closet for a large garment.
· Different dress options will be available for engagement photos and on your wedding day.
· Flexibility in sizes with tailored fittings.
· Great variety of styles and selections.
· The opportunity to bring your bridal party to shop for your wedding dress instead of buying one online.
Inventory is built around the most updated trends and popular demands of our clients, so we might not offer as many selections as compared to traditional wedding venues.
The dresses provide for rental might not be brand new; however, we strive to ensure that they are in impeccable condition before they are delivered to customers. Some wear and tear is normal.
Customers are required to care for the garment as per the details in the rental agreement.
The wedding dress will be a symbolic keepsake of personal significance that you can keep forever.
The dress can be passed on to the next generation as an heirloom.
You will receive exact fittings with alterations.
As your personal property, you can care for the dress as you please.
Wedding dresses are expensive for a few hours of wear.
There are extra expenses for dry cleaning, alterations and preservation.
A large garment will take up space at home (forever in the closet).
The next generation might not consider your heirloom to be in trend anymore (material, style, color, etc).
2020 White One Collection
AT ROMANCE Bridal is here to offer you the option of renting a wedding dress that you will absolutely love! Our mission is to provide brides-to-be the option of renting fabulous wedding and evening gowns in the most cost-effective and convenient way possible.